Thursday 18 February 2010

Girls


Theme Thursday this week is Girls, lots of choice there! I had enjoyed making the hanging yesterday and using an old photo so thought I would go with it again today and make a 4x4 using this old photo, the lovely little girl is my older sister but I don't know who the other girl is, I think this photo would have been taken about 1940 When I made the hanger I used some old colourbox cats eyes which are too dried up to stamp with anymore and my stippling brushes,I had almost forgotten about doing that as got so used to doing backgrounds with distress inks.its very relaxing just tapping away with the brush! Background stamps ,old favourites ,Field of Sky and Old French Writing, flowers and quotation ISC

7 comments:

  1. Great look - I love to use old photos in my card too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work! - love the use of the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow really lovely card.
    Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like everything about this one -- the vintage photo, the newsprint flowers, and most of all the sentiment. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is AWESOME and Love how you did the flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.