Sunday 17 July 2011

Butterfly Canvas

Now I know why I always scan my cards instead of taking a photograph, had to take loads to get a half decent one, tried inside and outside, my main problem is that since I had my computer updated I am really struggling with uploading photos etc, on my old one I could pick what I wanted to load, now it loads everything thats in the camera even if they are already on the computer ( they are still on there as I want to take it and get some printed )I really don't like this Windows Seven I have now, liked the XP much better although I do have much better speeds now, I suppose I will eventually get used to it or at least I hope I will !..  This is a 4x6" canvas that I found in The Works last week, complete with its own easel at £1.99, they also had a restock of the mini canvases with easels and were selling them at 2 for £1.50, a few of them fell into my bag as well.  I am just in love with this Tim Holtz butterfly stamp, its beautiful without having to do anything with it, stamped in back on a cream card its just like an old etching. On this I have just lightly coloured the butterflies with Blond Moments pigment powders and they have a lovely irridescent glimmer which doesn't show on here. Canvas and background papers stamped with Old Paper D.I , bit of raffia ribbon also dyed and a piece of corrugated card to mount it on.  Putting this on a couple of challenges
Just For Fun - groovy corrugations
Stampman challenge 27 - Anything by T!m

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful Joan...very classy. Great creation and looks wonderful.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant take and the corrugated theme at just for fun Joan and thank you for playing along with us :)
    I know just what you mean about windows 7 it's taken me a while to get the hang of it especially picture files
    Von x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fabulous Joan, just love the design and the hessian with the corrugated card.
    I am also trying to get used to Windows 7 and put my sd card into the laptop and take off what photos I want, it doesn't upload any unless I tell it to. Maybe there is a setting that you need to change?
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastic canvas - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous canvas love the colour combo!
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Joan. Love everything about it.
    Regards Florence.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a beautiful project. Love all the texture. That is one of my favourite stamp sets too. Thanks for joining us in the Stamp Man Fortnightly challenge and have a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its a great Canvas will have to check out the local Works. Bit hard to see the corrugated card as a feature, might be the angle of the photo, and I do understand how hard it can be to get a good picture. Thank you for sharing with us at Just for Fun XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love this, everything looks just right.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh this is gorgeous joan.

    Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ladies get a Mac they are so easy ! Love your canvas ! The stamp is gorgeous and very detailed, all the elements work so well together.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful butterfly canvas nice soft colours great shabby chic look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't mention the problems of 7 against XP - been there and maybe not struggling as much now but hated it.
    Love those butterflies and your project but would have loved a bit more corrugated to show for our challenge..
    Thanks for joining us at Just for Fun -
    Hugs, Neet x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.