Thursday 14 July 2011

Stitching ?

O.K... well with this card I didn't know whether to post it on here or chuck it in the bin !  All was going reasonably well until I decided to sew round the edges, first I tried to use a little craft sewing machine and suceeded in jamming it up and bending the needle and making a load of wonky holes in my card, then I reluctantly went upstairs and dragged out my "proper" machine and brought it down here, I did manage to sew three sides of the card before the needle jammed and it ripped the top of the card, hence the lace across the top, I should have given up at that point but I don't like to be beaten by a few bits of card!  It started off as my entry for Sugar Creek Hollow vintage with somepaper piercing challenge, the white mat is pierced using a paper pricking stencil.
Also putting this on
Simonsays stampandshow - stitching, real or faux
Craftuscrazy                      -  distressed vintage
Make my Monday            -  vintage with some embossing

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing your struggles with us. Been there done that. Some days are a real struggle! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually with a vintage style card you can get away with it. I get your frustrations - have that too at the wrong moment...so then I decide - okay I will sew it wiggly on all sides - twice!!! I still think it's a lovely card with great stamped images...Thanks for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!
    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that this gorgeous piece of work did not end up in the bin! Thank you for your persistance and entering in the this week's Make My Monday challenge - good luck - Jacqueline xx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vintage allows these so called mistakes to become happy accidents, it makes your beautiful card have even more realistic character. Thanks again for joining us at MMM.Caz

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you didn't pitch it....I think this is gorgeous... love the papers and the image and the paper piercing, oh la la. I don't sew and I am impressed with anyone that does and with vintage it is not suppose to be perfect. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow and hope you'll come back this next week.
    Patti DT/SCH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Joan, beautifully crafted. I am having one of those days today when everything I touch is going wrong too. I am a very grumpy crafter ATM. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you had such a struggle with this Joan but the results are stunning. That lace looks like it was meant to be there. Just love the images and the backing paper.
    Thanks for joining in over again at Make My Monday and hope to see you next time.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks beautiful, the lace is a perfect cover up, it looks just as if you planned it to be there. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.