Friday 21 August 2015

Butterflies for a Vintage Journey

I was very surprised to be asked to do a guest designer spot for A Vintage Journey, it was the first time I had entered their challenge and I was so happy my card was picked as a "Pinworthy" When I was told the subject for the August challenge I was happier still as Butterflies/Birds is something I love to use in my craft.

This is the piece I have made for this challenge

 
I started with a piece of  8x8 heavy cardstock and randomly stamped the background stamp from Papillon set with versamark ink and embossed in white, then applied mermaid lagoon and cracked pistachio inks over the resist. I then stamped various small stamps randomly over the background and added some texture paste through a stencil. I then stamped the row of butterflies from the same set in black archival.  Stamped and cut out the flowers from the Flower garden set and coloured them with fossilized amber and brushed corduroy DI inks. Restamped the row of butterflies onto a piece of card that I had coloured with the wrinkle free distress technique ,cut them out and 3d'd them over the stamped ones. Finally die cut the texture fades butterfly, coloured in with various DI's and then embossed it in its matching folder ( I do love these butterflies !) added some aquamarine treasured gold to all the butterflies. Finally mounted the piece onto black mountboard.
 

9 comments:

  1. Joan, your piece is absolutely gorgeous, the coneflowers and butterflies are so beautiful against the wonderful background you created. Thank you so much for guesting with us at A Vintage Journey! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, die Karte ist bezaubernd, einfach wunderschön.
    Ich bin begeistert vom feinen Hintergrund, den Farben und Stil.

    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Joan and right up my street! I love the background, colours and stamps. Good old fashioned stamping at it's best x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a stunning card Joan, the background looks beautiful and I love those new colour and how you combined them! Thanks so much for sharing it with us on A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Joan on your guest designer spot. This is a beautiful card.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on your guest spot Joan and your card is so colourful and beautiful too.
    Playing catch up at the moment as I can see my computer screen at last - whew!
    Sorry it's been long time no visit.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your guest design spot ! Joan. I love your card . Goreous colours and some of my favourite stamps too . You have combined them wonderfully . x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful and elegant Joan and I love your colour choices. Thanks for guesting at AVJ.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.