Monday 3 August 2015

Twofers

I Saw a new blog had started called Twofers and thought I'd give it a go. I've had a hard time with my post as when I tried to enter my cards on the challenge Linky wouldn't pick up the cards I was entering and was just picking up the two cards below so now I've had to start again, not happy, anyhow here's my entry
 
I couldn't get both cards to fit on side by side without losing a bit off one side so I'm putting them on after I've entered this into the Twofers challenge !
 
Well Ive just had another go at loading my cards and for some reason the Linky is still not picking up my cards, don't know what else to try !!!!
Here's the two cards separately so I'll just put one of them on and anybody who cares to look can see them both
 
 
Ive used a Sampendous stamp which really doesn't get used enough and the "foliage" round the edges is the hair from a woman stamp by indigo blu, I've never used it for its real purpose but it makes a good filler in stamp. On the first card I used texture paste through a stencil, I hindsight I wish I had not added so much cooour to the paste and I have tried to tone it down a bit with white acrylic.
 

8 comments:

  1. Well I think they are fabulous cards love them both the cat on the wall is just so clever. I am sorry you had so much trouble it never occurred to us that people would not realise that the linking tool will only allow one image. If you do not have a picture of the pair putting up just one as you have works perfectly. Hope you will not be put of joining us again Joan, I've admired your work for a very long time. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe, I must admit I was a bit flummoxed!
      But as I had made them specially I was determined to enter. I'm happy you've started a stamping challenge as there are not many around now and I don't do cute.

      Delete
  2. Two great cards Joan. I really like the first one with the cat sat on the brick wall. I haven't seen that stamp before but it's fabulous. You've also made really good use of the hair stamp. It's great to see stamps being used in different ways and this is a perfect example. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fantastic cards Joan, love the cat on the brick wall.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these are just FABULOUS!! Love that kitty and all that you can do with him - thank you SO much for joining us for our first challenge at TWOFERS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We care, we care! We love to see your cards, and your cat looks so proud and superior (well, they all do but that top hat just PROVES IT) - your cards are gorgeous. I love that you've used the hair for foliage, because I have that woman stamp too and I'm always short of foliage stamps so I am totally going to CASE that idea! Thank you for joining in our very first challenge
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great cards Joan and they both look completely different. Love how you've used it with the brick stencil.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.