Friday 1 July 2016

Just because.....




Last night I found some more of the papers I had made with Paper Artsy paints a couple of weeks ago (here),  I was reluctant to cover them up as I was so happy with them so I tried to make something that let them show through.  I really need a lot more practice as this sort of thing but I had fun making it, I didn't water down the gesso enough so its left odd patches of white but I'll know better next time .The trees and the sentiment are stamped on tissue paper and adhered with gel medium.The couple and the dog were stamped and fussy cut, I love that little dog, its so cute. Trees and couple are Crafty Individuals and the wording is a very old Rubber Stampede wood stamp.I'd like to enter this into these challenges

CCEE Stampers  - Mixed media
The Sisterhood of crafters - Make your own background


8 comments:

  1. I love your delicate background. The trees look great and I thought I recognised the stamp. Love the colours. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a fantastic background for that super stamp. A wonderful card Joan.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful is that amazing design! Thank you for sharing it with the CCEE Stampers in their Mixed Media Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this one is a stunner. I love this range of Crafty Individual stamps and you've really done it justice here Joan. It looks wonderful against the background and you've achieved a great sence of perspective with this card. I love it! Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic card dearie. Loving the background.hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great and I love that beautiful background and the fussy cut couple with that cute little dog over the top. It has an ethereal look to it with the gesso over the top. I think you have done a great job stamping on to tissue paper! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea to have our beautiful background show through ... fabulous creation! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘CREATE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! hank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.