Sunday 26 June 2011

Giving it a go !

Every week I look at the Grungy Monday blog and think I would love to do the tags but I don't have very much Tim stuff especially all the ideology, although I would love to have it all ! Anyway this week I though well I think I am going to have a try with whatever I can find, I used an old Basic Grey paper to cover the tag and make the pocket. I don't have any dabbers so used some acrylic paint left over from folk art painting days, think I might have been a bit heavy handed with it as it was quite hard to get it off the embossed areas but it worked reasonably well, also had a go with a strip of core dination paper in the dymo which did work but it hardly shows on here. The little tag was made with my new London stamps from Artistic Outpost  and some masking and layering, coloured with distress inks, chipboard label and heart and some ribbon dyed with alcohol inks. Oh I almost forgot to include the link to Tim's blog !

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous tag Joan! I love the stamps you used!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever Joan, I think you have done a remarkable job and should do more of these challenges. Just apply the learning with your stash.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan its a fantastic Tag, I often improvise as well with the paints. Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tags are awesome. Love how the color on the small tag pop against the background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.