Monday 6 June 2011

More vintage

I thought I knew just what I wanted to do when I started to make this card but didn't quite work out the way I planned. The lady in the image was originally facing the other way and it didn't look right with her on the other side of the card so scanned it and mirror imaged it, the scan managed to turn the turquoisy greenny colours in her dress blue which was  a bit annoying, anyhow the rest of the card is pink and green which are the colours on this weeks Dutch Dare photo inspiration challenge.         Sugar Creek Hollow challenge is as always vintage, with paper flowers,lace and bling, now I don't really do bling so haven't much in my stash, the flower centres are some jewelry findings with pearl brads in them and just added the pearl headed pins.. 

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous vintage card Joan. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a gorgeous card Joan, the colours are beautiful. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Elegant & Beautiful Birthday Card! I love the muted colors you used.Very Pretty. Hugs,Tee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your card is lovely...I am not a big bling girl myself and sometimes that is a challenge, but I think your pearls and pins definitely qualify. Love the handmade flowers,too. Great job with the challenge this week at Sugar Creek Hollow and thanks for playing.
    Patti DT/SCH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. I love the Vintage image and the colors are awesome. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are keeping well Joan.
    I absolutely love this card you made, a vintage beauty!
    Warm greetings,
    jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty birthday card!! Your lace is gorgeous and I love the flowers with the beautiful centers. Great job on the Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge! Hope to see you again soon!
    ~Renee
    SCH DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.