Friday 18 May 2012

Up Up and Away

Had a great day out at Port Sunlight last Saturday, the highlight of the day was the wonderful Indigo Blu stand and Kay's demonstrations, she must have been exhausted by closing time as I don't think she ever stopped all day.  This is from one of the stamp sets that fell into my basket,love the balloon, it will fit in well for steampunk themes but stands well on its own. The compass and the wording are from the same set. Everything except the balloon is coloured with pan pastels, love them, its just so quick and easy to produce a lovely coloured piece of card, I'm a newbie with them so I hope I will get better at blending them in time,plus of course I need more colours ( don't we all)  I also finally gave in and got some dylusion sprays, haven't played with them yet.  The reason I haven't been on my blog all week is that I have been very destructive and finally plucked up courage to unmount some (over 100) wood mounted stamps, I didn't think I could bear to do it but after the first few I was ripping away with abandon !  I actually started with my beloved collage stamps that I have had for years and once I had done them the others followed quickly , it has taken me three afternoons as I scanned all the stamps first so I have got a record of the coloured stamp blocks and also making some kind of record of what I have. It emptied two drawers and three large file boxes.  I still have hundreds more but I'm keeping my boxed sets/ Stamping up sets etc and some of my large Hero backgrounds. I've now got to work out a storage system for the bit heap of rubber on my table !  ( I keep looking at the big stack of wooden blocks and thinking I could make something with them ? although that rather defeats the object of making more space !)
Putting this card on

Carfty Card Makers Challenge - Balloons

5 comments:

  1. LOVE the gorgeous coloring on this one! And your sentiment is just fabulous! I also like your quote of the day. Very profound! Thanks for joining my balloon challenge at CCM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ww i love hot air balloons - this is wonderful.. love the background too
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Joan, love the blended PPs and your new stamp set. They have combined perfectly.
    Have a great weekend.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fab card & a great balloon image. I love the background as well. Thanx for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joan, just catching up!
    This is a fabulous card, the PP's give such an amazing colour. Love the image, funny how it just 'fell' into your basket!!
    You may want to check out FSC.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.