Follow by Email

Friday, 8 March 2013

Peacock butterflies

Well I've had a really inky time this afternoon and tonight and you should see the mess in here! I came across some Starburst stain inks that I've had for several years, I bought them as dabbers by mistake so they got shoved away in the cupboard, anyhow tonight I put some of them into mini misters and used them as sprays, they do have the most glorious shimmer to them!. The Peacock stamp is from a Kanban set and has never seen ink before although I have used the other stamps,it always looked like it would be too much bother to colour but I really like the effect on here, pity the shimmer doesn't show up on here.I made this card for Make my Monday challenge

Make My Monday - Inspired by nature

Use It Tuesday -Hoarded supplies - un-inked peacock stamp and starburst stains

Artistic Inspiration - things with wings

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE the inkiness of this, Joan! The colors look amazing and I think your peacock image is just fabulous! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous inky effect Joan. The colours are so lovely and the peacock looks lovely stamped on them.
    A very clever way to avoid colouring!
    Thanks for joining in this week at MMM too.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post title is a very clever play on words Joan! This card is stunning, I love everything about it and thank you for reminding me about the starburst stains, I have some squirreled away somewhere too...... Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card. Perfect colours for the peacock and I just love the background of the main card. It all works so well and they blend so beautifully.

    See you at Harrogate!

    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow Joan.. i just love the peacock and the colours are perfct
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the inky colours, its a fabulous card.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wunder-wunderschön...

    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning! Thanks for inking up those stamps and playing along with us at UIT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card - thanks for joining in this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.