Saturday 1 March 2014

Buttons and bows

After my marathon masculine card making frenzy its been a pleasure to make something a bit more feminine. I had seen a lovely card made by Avril for the Alphabet challenge and it inspired me to get going. I loved how she had sewn round all her layers but I don't have room to keep my sewing machine out and it was too much effort to drag it out so I paper pierced all my layers( can't see it very well on here) I had seen Sue Wilson on create and craft using the Tim Holtz piercing ruler and I have had mine for ages and never used it so had a go at that, very quick and easy. I also cased her idea for using the memory box chloe die, thanks Avril !

Alphabet challenge - Buttons and bows
ooh la la creations - fashionista

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely love it Joan, those fashions were so very sophisticated.

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super schön.
    Eines meiner Lieblingsthemen.
    Die Karte sieht sehr elegant aus.

    Liebe Grüße
    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining in our 'Fashionista' challenge at Ooh La La and sharing this gorgeous creation with us. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous Joan. I love these papers. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an elegant card! Wonderful layering - love this!
    Have a nice week!
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joan, You do Elegance and Vintage so well, I thought this challenge would suit you, a wonderful example showing your buttons and bows. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Joan, This is a lovely card, I love those G45 papers and your layout is fabulous. Thanks for the lovely mention.
    Avril xx
    p.s. Thanks for linking this to Alphabet Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.