Monday 5 October 2015

More autumn colour

I think this will be the last of my autumn cards for this year, saving the rest of my orange papers etc for Halloween.  I bought this Woodware stamp at the Harrogate Craft show, mixed feelings about the show, we went on the Friday and it was very quiet. I think there would be some not very happy Exibitors there. It was in a huge temporary building and seemed quite empty, not a lot of atmosphere. However I did manage to get myself a "few" stamps, mainly from Inkylicious, watched a great demo by them, bought the stamps and now I can't remember how the cards were made, kraft card and white ink pad needed but now I've no idea what to do with them , about right for me .  Anyhow back to my card, the background panel is made with brusho paints and Inkylicious leaf stamps, I have no idea what this plant is meant to be but it reminded me of something called Chinese lanterns which we used to grow as kids. I'd like to enter it in the following challenges

Simon Says Stamp  - Autumn is in the air
Simply Create Too - Autumn Splendour
Penny Black at allsorts - warm autumn colours
Allsorts - Nature


12 comments:

  1. Lovely Autumnal card Joan.
    Lovely to see you on Friday, but I agree about the show - not what it used to be. Hope you enjoyed Saturday.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a shame if the show was not as good as usual Joan, but that seems to follow through with the one at Thetford I go to twice a year. It's a nice show but there were some noticeable absences at the Autumn one in September, a sign of the times I guess.

    But you did get the lovely stamp and what a glorious card you made with it, it absolutely glows with Autumnal colour.

    Many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts and Penny Black and More challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, beautiful colouring.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts!
    Welcome again;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful autumn colours Joan, its a great card.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creation, superb colours and colouring and love the image.
    Thanks for joining in our Nature challenge at Allsorts this week.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the background and the bright, bold orange colouring on this card Joan. I've been to the show at Harrogate many times in the past and I'm sorry to hear that it was not as it used to be. I know it's the way things are going these days but I really miss going to places for a day out and being able to just pop into a local craft shop. Buying online just isn't the same experience! :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous Fall card!! Thanks for joining us at “Simply Create Too”, hope to see you next time again.

    DT-Member SCT
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card!!
    I'm doing my first GIVEAWAY over at my blog! Be sure to check it out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely awesome, Joan! I would really love to have you come play along in these fun challenges. We would be so delighted to have you join us and to share your amazing art.

    Word Art Wednesday - (always) Anything Goes
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    CropCrop - (always) Anything Goes
    www.cropstop.com/blog

    I hope you will join us!
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your colors are so rich and gorgeous on your card! It almost reminds me of a pumpkin tree. Sorry the show was not what you were looking for, we crafters really want to have those opportunities. Thanks for joining us this week for the Autumn challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card and such lovely autumn colours.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More @ Allsorts 'Warm Autumn Colours' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.