Wednesday 26 August 2015

Rufus The Reindeer

Had a quick visit to Embsey Crafts this afternoon, needed some card blanks, double sided tape and glue, boring necessities , having said I was certainly not buying any new Christmas stamps this year I somehow arrived home with this little fellow in my shopping bag. Took me a while to work out how to get the coloured background, brain doesn't work very fast these days, used my pan pastels and a bit of torn paper before stamping Rufus, then re stamped him on another piece of card and cut out just the body part. Enjoyed adding the decorations and stockings to his antlers. The snow is added with a stamp included in the set. Needed a white ink pad but ended up using some brilliance ink re inker to stamp with before it dawned on dozy me that I have the ink pad too, I'm fast losing the plot !

I want to enter this into this months Rudolph Days Challenge - anything goes as long as its Christmas

and

Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - anything goes as long as its Christmas


11 comments:

  1. Awe joan he's so cute,I love him..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reindeer is so adorable. This is such a fun car! Love the snow stamp that you used...very realistic.

    Thanks for taking part in the August Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still seem to be on holiday catch up Joan, not sure where my time is going. Lovely card today, super Reindeer and inky scene.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wie süß ist das denn?!
    Die Karte ist entzückend, so fröhlich und so schöne Farben...
    Liebe Grüße von Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I smiled as soon as I saw this - what a super image. That reindeer looks totally puzzled, as if he's just woken up to find he's been decorated!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a real cute image, can see why it happened to go home with you.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very strange, I took a visit to Embassy crafts this afternoon and came home with a Christmas stamp, Christmas Die and I had only gone for some red card stock, mine was Brighouse
    I love your stamp and the fabulous background, a superb card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card, Joan! It is a fact that Rudolf stamps have a mind of their own and choose themselves who to go home with. You were probably totally unaware he had climbed into your bag ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling card, Joan! Sweet and Festive! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute Joan, love the expression on his face, no wonder you had to bring him home.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.