Saturday 7 January 2012

Nature

Had a lazy afternoon    instead of tackling the pile of ironing that has somehow stacked up again I've just been playing about. One of the challenges I noticed asked for "all your own work" no background papers or stickers etc and I have always enjoyed making my own backgrounds although over the last year or so I seemed to get waylaid with all the pretty papers that just beg to be used(after I've stroked them for the appropriate length of time of course!) I started  embossing flower and bird background in white and then coloured in with distress inks,overstamped the Hero envelope pattern with bundled sage and then the little sprig stamp all over(doesn't show much on here) The bird panel was done with distress inks on the craft sheet,then also overstamped with the same two stamps.Hero bird stamped  twice and the bird and flowers cut out and 3d'd. The sentiment is from A Stampman set that I bought in a sale  a while ago just for the verses which are all about nature. Enough waffling !

Try In On Tuesday - All your own work
Make My Monday - Nature/birds
Papertake Weekly - anything goes

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous work Joan, the backgrounds are superb and the colour palette fits perfectly.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Joan
    I laughed when I read you stroked your papers, I thought I was the only one!!!!!!Silly me I should have known better.
    Wonderful, wonderful card and I love how it is all your own work, it makes it so personal when a card is made this way.
    Smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joan just love every thing about this card... your backgrounds are delightful. Thank you for joining in at MMM
    Suzi B :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card the colouring is fantastic XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous creation! LOVE that pop of bright red in the flowers. Wonderful! Thank you for joining us this week at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card Joan, the backgrounds are beautiful. Thankyou for joining ud at TioT's this week.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a gorgeous card. I love the vintage feel to it.

    Emma - The Sparkly Fairy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm over here from Darcy's Postcard Challenge, but I love this piece too! You should design papers, your backgrounds are wonderful!

    I also ignore my ironing pile, and might be known to stroke or stare lovingly at my pretty papers, unsure whether to cut them up or save them for a "more worthy" project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crafters love to craft, crafater's seemingly don't do ironing. I am so pleased you make cards joan, this one is adorable. thanks for joining us at TIOT. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab card Joan - love your use of colour x! thanks for playing along with TIOT x Janet

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolutely gorgeous joan
    Babs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.