Thursday 17 January 2013

Lace,pins and pearls

After spending a few days making masculine type cards I thought I'd have a change and do something feminine. Using an old stamp from a Non Sequiteur set and some lace,ribbons etc from my stash which is overflowing its storage and needs to be used instead of looked at. I don't know what made me think it was a good idea to sew on my card, I can sew a perfectly straight seam on material but give me a piece of card and its like a donkey's hind leg! This card is for Our Creative Corner - Shabby Chic so I'm saying the sewing is the shabby bit of it.

Our Creative Corner - Shabby Chic
Make My Monday - die cuts and punches
Try It On Tuesday - Lets get stitchy
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Lace love
Make It Monday - anything goes

11 comments:

  1. The sewing looks good to me Joan and loving your pretty vintage card, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's no donkey's hind leg!!! Beautiful card Joan. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joan, Lovely card, I think the stitching looks perfect, but I do agree its much easier to sew material.
    Thanks for joining us at TioT
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and feminine, the stitching looks good to me as well.
    Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do agree Joan, it is much easier to sew fabric but I think you have done an amazing job stitching on your card. Love those die cuts too. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really pretty card, such gentle colours. Thank you for joining us on the TIOT challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a gorgeous card. Love the great layout and the beautuiful image. Thank you for joining us at Make It Monday and Our Creative Corner this week.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. how pretty this card is and such beautiful die cutting - thanks for joining in this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the pattern paper you selected. very pretty and vintage. love the added lilac, its stunning and very feminine. the checkered ribbon and poke dot blossom is fabulous!
    thank you for playing along with us @ OCC.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very elegant card and I love the shabby stitching (it's the only sort I can do on paper or fabric!!) Thanks for taking part in the TioT stitchy challenge! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.