Saturday 10 January 2015

Optimism

I saw this Doc Martens Boots stamp on Dots Dabbles blog and had to have it !  It was on my Christmas wish list and duly appeared along with several other goodies, then came the question "what do I do with it ?"  I obviously didn't want to copy Dot's card and  was lost for ideas, while I was surfing around I came across this quote and its sums up everything.  I am the eternal optimist , glass half full type of person, married to a glass half empty, pessimist !  I'm always convinced I can produce something wonderful only to come up with yet another mediocre offering but then maybe next time it will be  wonderful LOL. just have fun trying.  The background is a experimental brusho piece overstamped with gorgeous grunge stamps. The quote by Henry Rollins is stamped with various alphabet stamps. I'm going to pin this on the wall over my desk.

I'm entering this is Alphabet challenge - X for experiment

5 comments:

  1. Its a fantastic quote, love this project and those boots.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joan...these boots look fantastic!!! I love what you have done with the doc martins...always with stamping, it is about having fun - and the words and colours on this show that heaps. Mediocre shouldn't be a word in your vocab ~ I always like to say that 'I am a work in progress' lol I love your card!
    And thank you so much for the heads-up too, that was very kind of you :)
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fantastic background. That looks like a fun technique to try. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great quotation and I love the background you've created.

    Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

    Helen N x

    ReplyDelete
  5. cheap asics running shoes cheap, ready to prepare for tomorrow, the last day can cheap asics running shoes not relax ah. therefore I was very happy asics shoes sale uk to see him. Auntie, I will not bother, the day after tomorrow cheap asics running shoes exam, I have to go back and take a nap, cheap asics running shoes Blue Sidley asics running shoes sale riding a tricycle just arrived, is all smiles after seeing cheap. Like his mother and liked

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.