Friday 15 January 2016

Playing again


I'm trying out some techniques that I did a few years ago, my memory is not what it used to be and so I'm now writing each one down in a notebook as I try them.  Thank goodness for YouTube as a memory aid although I couldn't find this on there.  I think it was Jennifer McGuire who I first saw do this and she called it finger painting. Stamped and embossed flowers in white and then roughly coloured them in with distress inks applied with fingers. I do like the water coloured look it gives.
This is my first play with a new stamp I just got from Hobby Arts and I think it will be getting a lot of use. Putting it on these challenges

Flonzcraft Vintage Challenge -  anything goes with new stash

and

The Sisterhood of Crafters  - something old ( the die,the distress inks and the technique)
                                             - something new - (the stamp)


                                             



7 comments:

  1. What a lovely stamp Joan and you've certainly done it justice. You've done a wonderful job with the colouring and I love the different shades of pink that you've achieved X

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lush colour palette Joan, greens and pinks just go together so well and can see why you like that stamps, one I could be tempted towards.

    And you are not alone with the notes, for years the bottom of my computer frame has been a home for post it notes.

    Many thanks for sharing you pretty card with us at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like my kind of crafty fun using ink on the fingers. Its a fabulous card Joan.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Something OLD, Something NEW’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful Joan lovely colours shows your stamp off so well ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your flowers, thank you so much for joining us at Sisterhood of Crafters challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun sounding technique!! I just started an idea journal too. Really fun to add things and get rid of all those small slips of paper on which I have jotted down things. Thank you for sharing your creative project with us at the Vintage Stamping Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.