Tuesday 26 November 2019

Away in a manger


Time again for a new challenge at Try It On Tuesday. The theme this time is Inspired By A Song/Carol.  I've gone with the Carol option as I had just got this Woodware stamp and wanted to use it.  Unfortunately I have had great difficulty in getting it to stamp properly, this is the best out of several attempts so it's not going to be the quick Christmas card stamp I thought it was going to be!
Stamped with Versafine and clear embossed, coloured with distress inks.The back ground is coloured with the same DI and stamped with a liitle star stamp from a free set.I hope you will visit the challenge site and see the lovely samples by the design team and then join in our challenge

I'd also like to add my card to The Rudolph Day challenge, last one for this year and I've managed to enter every month this year.

20 comments:

  1. It looks great to me, Joan. Love the way you've added your colour and it's a gorgeous stamp! I can see how it might make Christmas cards quick and easy!
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Joan. What a great stamped image. HUgs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a lovely stamp to use for your Christmas Carol inspiration Joan. It is a beautiful card.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card Joan, I do like the image, shame you had trouble with the stamping as it would be perfect for quick cards
    Gorgeous background colours and I like the starry base layer.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely glow around the manger and a perfect carol for the image.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful carol and card! I love the way you blended the colours in the background and the stamp is so pretty 😁. I always have problems stamping with Woodware stamps and find I need to use my stamping platform to get a decent image. Wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you coloured this! Sorry to hear the stamping didn't work as it should! Hopefully with a bit more use it will wear in! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joan,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    What a very wonderful card and that stamped image is so lovely.
    Beautiful backing paper you created with a stamp.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.