Tuesday 17 March 2020

By the sea


The new challenge at Try It On Tuesday is where would you like to live or home, sweet home. I've always imagined living by the sea and always dreamt of retiring to the coast but was not to be, having said that I'm very happy at where we live now, in a nice village with a good community spirit and mostly lovely neighbours too.   For my card I have used a very old Stamps Happen stamp and a distress ink background.  Hope you will visit the challenge blog and see the lovely samples by the design team.

I had also made this card , the stamp is a Stampin Up one and the image is Runswick Bay in Yorkshire, a place we used to love to visit until it became too hard for me to walk up the very steep hill from the village to the car park at the top. I love the tiny thatched cottage on the very end of the headland. Unfortunately I smudged the birds at the bottom when assembling the card even though I thought I had dried the ink with my heat gun. Can't think of a way to rescue it right now.


10 comments:

  1. A house by the sea is my dream home!! LOVE your cards!! ((HUGS)) Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful home at the sea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous cards joan, love the second card..
    Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two lovely cards Joan, the seaside stamp images look amazing. I think I am a country girl, the sea wouldn't be for me, but i can see the beauty in your pieces.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! I love your coastal scene, it looks like a lovely place to live 😀. Take care and sending happy wishes your way! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a shame you couldn't use your Runswick Bay card, Joan - such lovely memories. Smudges can be a real nuisance, lol - I always think I'm the queen of smudge - I do that often and more often than not with my sleeve!
    I do love the old Stamps Happen stamps, though. I always had a wish list but never actually got many of them. There's one hiding in a drawere somewhere though. Your beach and the shells look brilliant.
    Please look after yourself and stay safe!
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous Joan. Wouldn't a house by the sea be lovely? I love all your details also. Stay healthy with this virus. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two lovely cards Joan and if you hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have noticed the smudge - shadows and blowing sand I'd say! A house by the sea would be lovely, don't think you'd ever tire of looking at the view.
    Stay safe, Hugs, Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both of your cards Joan! It would be nice - my ex husband's parents moved to somewhere with a lovely sea view but they couldn't get down to the beach as the steps were too steep to get back up easily! Take care, Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're both lovely cards, but it's the first one that made my heart sigh - that's a really amazing house stamp, and I love the bright sun-washed look of the whole card. I do love those wading birds on the second one too though!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.