Saturday 12 November 2011

Christmas Tree

Nearly didn't put this card on here as I can't get the colours to look right either by scanning or camera!
The embossed paper is a lovely bronze/gold, not the greeny colour it looks here. I am trying to use up things I have had a long time, I have a large box full of metallic /pearl type papers that I haven't used any of for ages, used to be able to buy large boxes or rolls of papers from a local paper mill that had a shop for a while, not sure if the actual mill is still in production now. I have not bought any Christmas papers or embellishments this year (just a few stamps!) so I am trying to use up old supplies. The gold metallic ribbon I have had for ever , it looks nicer really than it does on here. The stamp was on a sheet of free stamps from Creative Stamping and I think its lovely. plus no colouring needed !I have made 9 of these tonight, one got scrapped because the cat came in with wet feet and walked across it and another got glue on the front of it. Beginning to think I might manage to get enough cards made after all.

6 comments:

  1. ooh i love the stamp.. a beautiful tree ..Isn't it frustrating when our pics don't do the cards justice
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Joan, know how you feel about the photos. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beatuiful card Joan, I know what you mean about no stamping, occasionally we need to use up our stash. I do like your card, thanks for your continued support of MMM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card Joan, gold is always hard to capture through the lens of a camera.
    Smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely traditional card Joan I know what you mean about colour reproduction ..it causes me problems too.
    Thank you for joining Make My Monday always a pleasure to see your creations.
    Suzi B :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joan, I know myself that colours sometimes are not true to life but I am glad you shared your card with us as it is too beautiful not to be shared.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.