Monday 21 September 2015

P is for ?

 


I decided I would make a card for Alphabet Challenge which has got round to the letter P  and the the theme of Peacocks, Pelicans or other birds, what did I do ? got out a Polar Bear stamp LOL !  After I finally got my brain in gear I found this old Kanban stamp , I think I had bought the set for the other stamps on the sheet.  I  made an Inky background with Creative Chemistry inks, a bit of splattering and some stamped leaves from the same set. The peacock is stamped with Cobalt archival ink and coloured with mermaid lagoon distress ink. I then stencilled some sparkle medium through a swirly stencil, coloured another piece of cardstock with the mermaid ink as I couldn't find any toning card and dyed a piece of seam binding . I'm not a big fan of peacocks (is that a pun ?) as we had one who took up residence for a while in our small close, they make a terrible mess and an even worse noise!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Joan...
    ich bin begeistert. Der Pfau sieht traumhaft schön aus.
    Die Farben sind so realistisch bei dem Vogel.
    Und der Hintergrund so fein und zart...
    Ein wunderschöne Karte.

    Herzlichst Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card with that gorgeous peacock stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may not like peacocks, (understandably so) but you can sure make them look magnificient. Your background is awesome. A stunning card. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may not like peacocks, (understandably so) but you can sure make them look magnificient. Your background is awesome. A stunning card. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this is gorgeous, I love that peacock image and your stunning background! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I till love my Kanban stamps and this is one of my favorites; a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab design, Joan - your peacock is stunning, although the 'polar bear' bit did make me laugh! Thanx for playing along at the Alphabet Challenge, hun.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.