Saturday 4 April 2020

Spring flowers



With all the time in the world I'm finding it very difficult to concentrate on doing any crafting, I have spent this afternoon making a load of cards using some free Hunkydory toppers and papers, mindless assembling really although the images are lovely hares and they do look quite nice, will help to fill up my box for selling cards for charity when can do that again.

In my post this morning I received a letter from DWP advising me that from next week I will get an extra 25p in my pension as I will be 80, wondering what I can spend it all on.! Joking apart I am well aware that we are fortunate to get our pensions paid every week when so many folk are suffering financial hardship right now. We are in our third week on self isolating and I am happy that we are able to do this and also have access to fresh air in the garden, missing seeing family though.

Anyhow back to my card , I have had these Crafty Individual daffodils for ages and had forgotten about them until I saw a beautiful journal page by Sandra . I messed up the first attempt and so I cut round the top of the flowers and added a piece of inked paper behind them. The littel sentiment is Hobby Arts.

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful daffodil card Joan, such a pretty image love the cloudy sky effect. Hope you and cyril are ok.
    Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the increase!! Great to have some good news. Love the card..... I think I have a similar stamp somewhere.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't spend that increase all at once!
    Gorgeous Daffs Joan. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card Joan. Thank you for your comment about my journal page. It is a lovely stamp and I realised that I hadn't used it since it first came out but it did work well on my journal page. I haven't started number two yet though! I think the best thing to do with the twenty five pence is to keep it in your pocket in case you need a loo whilst you're out and about. Seriously, I hope you have a lovely birthday and are able to Skype you family. We've been doing that and it's really helped us feel closer to them. Crafty hugs, Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely daffodils, and the soft clouds scudding across the blue sky perfectly capture the spring breezes.

    Thank you for stopping by. As far as the gelli plate goes, I hugely recommend Birgit Koopsen's youtube videos about it. If you just go to youtube and search "birgit koopsen gelli" you'll get lots to choose from.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What could be better than this image - blue skies, daffodils - it's a gorgeous card! Maybe being able to walk up in the Lakes? Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.