Tuesday 11 June 2024

Bugs, bees and butterflies


 The new challenge at Try It On Tuesday starts today and this time we are asking you to use book papers for your entry project. We welcome all kinds of creative crafts including cards, tags, atcs ,journal pages and anything as long as it follows the challenge subject.

I've gone for a journal page this time using a page from a very ancient Pears Encylopedia, it ws published in 1932 so at 92 years old is the same age as my husband LOL. The pages are nicely aged and surpisingly quite strong for their age, the actual book is falling to pieces so I've finally decided I can bear to pull it apart although I do find myself distracted actually reading the pages instead of getting on with it.

Hope you will visit the challenge blog and see the lovely samples from the design team.

5 comments:

  1. A fabulous page Joan, love the colourful butterflies against the vintage pages. I found Encyclopaedia's great reading when I was a child - but now we have Google!
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page! Loving the garden book pages and the complimentary images - perfect 😊. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is a Vintage book! I would probably want to have this one as a very special keepsake for sure! Love the butterfly sample study to go with your theme of the page too! It would be nice in a frame to hang! Thanks for having me along as your guest for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is another beautiful piece Joan. I love how you added those bright colored butterflies, and the bumblee and birds too. I hope June is going well for you. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic journal page Joan. its hard not to read the pages when using an old book and I love how you added the butterflies.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.