Friday 31 May 2013

Dogwood flowers

I've been meaning to do this challenge all week, I nearly always make my own embellishments although when I think about it ,I have not been using so many these days as I try to keep cards as flat as possible due to the postage rip off thing.  Anyhow after I saw this challenge I spent an afternoon making all sorts of stuff, stamped, inked ,painted, sprayed canvas and made big jazzy flowers with it, got out the old original sizzix (forgot just how heavy that beast is!) and flattened bottle tops, punched out pictures to fit and filled with crystal lacquer, covered buttons with book pages ready to colour when needed and did some shrink plastic bits and pieces, all sitting in a box ready to use. Ok, when I came to make this card nothing I had made was suitable to put on it ! Anyhow I'm still putting it on the challenge(albeit at last minute) the doily is a die cut, the centre strip is punched and I did make the greeting banner at the bottom.

Make It Monday- make your own embellishments

4 comments:

  1. Hi Joan, the doily background is gorgeous and I just love the beautiful dog roses too. It sounds as if you craft in exactly the same way I do! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh these are pretty Joan and i love that die cut
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally delightful Joan and lovely use the hero arts dogwood stamp.

    Hope you have a good Sunday and get some sunshine.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Joan. I have that set too and I love what you created with it, such pretty colours.
    Thanks so much for taking part in my MMM handmade embellishment challenge and lovely to see you again.
    Hugs, Fliss xx
    PS: Sorry for the lack of visits lately, life has been really hectic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.