Saturday 16 March 2019

Born to stand out



Had a day out at the Stamparama show in Harrogate a couple of weeks ago they had obviously totally under estimated the number of people attending and the venue was far too small resulting in it being so crowded I felt it was quite unsafe ! If I hadn't arranged to meet a friend I might well have left as quite a lot of people were doing however it did quieten down after lunch and I managed to get round most of the stands.  I had tried to get this giraffe stamp by Pink Ink Designs for a while but it was always out of stock so I was happy to find in there, I really wanted a lot more of their stamps but had to resist as I was almost spent up! It's a really big stamp so needs an 8" card which I didn't have so found some A3 card stock and cut my own. Coloured him with water colour pencils, the leaves etc are all from the same stamp set. I had bought the quote also at the show and it seemed just right for this card. ( I see on facebook that Stamperama have booked a much bigger hall for November so got that down in my diary )


7 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! I love it! I'm afraid he fell into my basket too, but online rather than at a show. I think I have a serious pink ink addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card and I love the stamp. Glad you survived the crowds. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a super stamp and a fantastic card Joan.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Joan. The Pink Ink Stamps really are rather nice, but very big as I discovered with the hare!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I've been hankering after this stamp for a while and you've done him proud! Beautiful.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! He is fabulous! I think I might like to have this stamp too so Thanks for that!!!! This is a beautiful card with a great sentiment too! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.