Sunday 19 May 2019

Another Happy Birthday



I was asked to make an 80th Birthday card for a friend to give to her friend.  The only guide I was given was that she likes her garden and goes to church, so I just had to go with flowers.  The DP is from a 12x12 pad I got at The Works, 24 sheets of double sided for only £3. The stamps I have used are from the Christina collection at Craft Stash, I have had them for ages and this is the first time I've used them.  I did put a little verse inside the card "The kiss of the sun for pardon" one by Dorothy Francis Gurney as  a nod to church aspect, it's a little verse I've always related to as I find getting out into the garden very therapeutic.  I'd like to add my card to Allsorts Challenge

Allsorts  Challenge -  Happy Birthday

and 

Addicted to Stamps challenge - Flowers

7 comments:

  1. A beautiful card did you make. Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
    Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a beautiful card Joan for a special Birthday.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a really beautiful floral creation Joan and sounds perfect for the lady, it's lovely to see you at Allsorts 10th Birthday celebrations, thanks so much for joining in the fun.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Joan, and the backing paper you've used matches the stamps so well.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This just caught my eye as I was browsing through my reading list, Joan. Absolutely beautiful! The lady will be delighted with it, I'm sure. Must look out for that BP when I'm next in The Works, it's so pretty.

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card Joan. A lovely design, colours and beautiful stamped flowers that are a perfect match with the DP. Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card for our 10th birthday celebrations at Allsorts, xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.