Tuesday 15 September 2020

Use your scraps

There is a new challenge at Try It On Tuesday and we are asking you to use your scraps, we all seem to have loads of scraps so now is your chance to use some of them up.  For my journal page I have used two scrap pieces of scrapbook paper torn in to stripa and layered onto my page.  The adorable little girl is an image I collected years ago and It always reminds me of my older sister when she was a child ( she could never see the likeness!)  The hearts, butterfly and bit of torn tissue are from my box of bits and pieces. The wording is from a vellum overlay piece of which I found a few in another box, no idea where they came from or why I had them.  I have a big box full of "empheria" from when I liked doing collage cards, think I really should put most of it in the recycling box but it went back in the cupboard.

14 comments:

  1. What a fantastic journal page Joan, I love this image of the girl laughing.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! I can just imagine the laugh too! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic piece, I just adore that little girl! Have a great day, stay safe, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your journal page! That little girl is one of my favourite images as well! She is just too darn happy! LOVE your background!!! Have a super week! ((HUGS)) Helne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page! I love how you created the background with the scrap papers and the little girl is adorable 😁. I smiled when you said it reminded you of your sister (grin!). Thanks for the inspiration and have a great week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s gorgeous Joan and looking at the little girl really made me smile. It’s such a lovely photo. It’s a great page xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Joan. That image is adorable. That was a nice find. What a great page. I really
    Love it. Hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a fabulous image and looks so good on your torn background, love it.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a delightful page, and that girl is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful happy image and card Joan. I would save craps any time as well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laugh is my favourite word and laughter is my favourite sound. This is a great make and great use of your wonderful store of scraps. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joan that little girl is adorable, i'd have her enlarged and framed to brighten every day. Fabulous use of those scraps and I agree we all need a big box of ephemera in our lives.. Many thanks for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card made me smile Joan! Your background is a fabulous way to use scraps and I love your laughing girl - we should all have a box of images like that! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.