Thursday 27 October 2011

Christmas Postcard

I just don't seem to be able to get settled down to doing any crafting this week, I know I should be cracking on with Christmas cards but just can't seem to come up with anything I really want to make!
My friend who came over yesterday asked me if I could store her stamps while she is moving, ha ha
like I need more stamps !! so now I not only have hundreds of my own but all hers as well so I will spend even more time looking through stamps and wondering what I could do with them instead of actutally sitting down and making something.Tonight I got out five or six stamps and made myself make a card using some of them, its not very exciting but at least I made one.  Then I played about with my new G45 stamps and made this Christmas postcard which I do like for once. We had the cat to the vets today to have her spayed,she was supposed to wear a halo collar when we fetched her home but she was so distressed with it and then nearly hung herself between the windowsill and a chair that I have had to take it off,hope she doesn't chew her stitches out!
I'm putting my card on a couple of challenges
Winter Wonderland - vintage Christmas
abc christmas challenge - vintage Christmas

11 comments:

  1. Love these post card Christmas style cards! great idea, beautiful too! Thanks for coming to play with us at ABC Christmas challenge this time, I hope you can come play again soon you can enter as many times as you like! hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous vintage creation, thank you so much for joining us at the Winter Wonderland this week
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps I have some candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Joan, I love your gently colouring, and the stamps are sooo nice.
    I wouldn't worry about your cat chewing the stitches, when we had our two done they didn't bother with them at all x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Joan...I love the image and the beautiful vintage style.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous vintage postcard Joan, love the children on the text background. Have fun with all those stamps.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, so vintage and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its gorgeous,love the postcard theme. Hope you cats recovering. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Joan, love the postcard theme, great images.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely idea the postcards style. Sorry about the cat, hope he recovers without pulling at his stitches. You know when there is always a smart a.... who sickens you, I have 53 Chritmas cards made to date. Hugs Caz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful Vintage postcard, lovely idea. Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge! Hope to see you again for the next letter.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Joan,
    Thank you for your comment on my blog! I really love this vintage card. The girls on this card are so lovely together. The combination with the other stamps are great!
    Have a nice weekend!

    Groetjes, Petra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.