Thursday 27 October 2011

Eccentric

Now I don't quite know what this is going to be, I did start off intending to make a steampunk page for my book but kind of lost the steampunk theme along the way. All the stamps are from Indigo Blu, I can see I will be needing more of them !  Although the background looks a bit brown its actually Pumice Stone DI and the rest of the stamping is done with that or Versafine smokey grey as I was trying to keep to one colour for Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge, I did slip up and stamp the top wording with versafine black by mistake but isn't grey just a lighter shade of black ?? also putting ii onto Gingersnaps challenge of black and grey.  For those who asked, Mamma cat is doing fine ,she is sitting on my scanner right next to the computer and keeps dabbing at the computer screen trying to catch the curser, the kitten has just run up my back, over my shoulder and fallen off my knee onto the floor, quite difficult to concentrate at the moment !  For a certain smart a.....  who has made 57 Christmas cards ,well what can I say, talk about rubbing salt in the wounds !!!!!!  I have made one more tonight, only about another 65 to go, I'll get there in the end you'll see !
Now I've just realised that the Gingersnaps challenge should have had a Edgar Allan Poe connections,well this is him visiting London on a foggy day.

9 comments:

  1. Great reading Joan, and a smashing piece, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your post Joan, the page or whatever you use it for will be great in a collection of steampunk, on their own they are lost, so I shall look forward to some more and your end result.
    Smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Joan I too am fast becomming a huge fan Of IB.. I have two sets so far, this not being one... but soon will be ;D
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this piece - having a mother born in London, I know how eccentric the English are and am actually quite please I've inherited that quality (or flaw - I guess it is all a matter of perspective) and it's so much fun when a work of art takes you on the journey it chooses! I love serendipitous surprises in my artwork - so much more fun than planning and plotting in my own mind! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page Joan, I love those stamps you used.
    I realy enjoyed reading about the cats, they seem real bundles of fun. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great card. Wonderful stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layered stamping and tones...we can forgive the black!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp & Show! Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the layers you have created.Thanks for joining us at gingers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card - thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.