Tuesday 4 September 2018

Childhood


I'm really losing the plot! I could swear I had done a write up of this page but as it didn't appear obviously hadn't!  As a change from making cards I thought I would try a bit of art journaling, haven't actually got a journal yet but using an old water colour paper pad as a makeshift one.  The background is done with some of my homemade ink sprays one of which obviously has some mica in as its very shiny, some embossing paste through a stencil and a bit of stamping which doesn't really show very well.  The wording stamp is from Bee Crafty, typed the other words on computer.Kite is Crafty Individuals,flowers woodware. The girls were from the internet ages ago and never used on a project.  This is my DT piece from Try It On Tuesday challenge which is Childhood. The design team have some fab examples on the challenge blog, hop you will join us.

11 comments:

  1. A beautiful page Joan, looks like there is lots of lovely texture going on in it too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely page Joan, the textured background looks fabulous and that's such a lovely image.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Joan - Back in blogland after the mammoth month so am playing catch up a little and hope you will forgive me for not commenting on everything you have done whilst I have been absent! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page! The bright colours and texture that you created is beautiful and the image of the children reminds me of the Edith Blyton books which I loved as a child - perfect 😀. Wishing you a wonderful week! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic page Joan. It looks a wonderful carefree and happy scene.
    It is lovely to see you creating your art in a journal.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You have made a great start to art journaling Joan! Love this happy page! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I asm in love with this amazing page Joan! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely page with a great background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a happy page Joan as the children skip along without a care in the world. Reminds me of illustrations from books I would read as a child. Fabulous journal piece. Thank you for the inspiration.
    Creative wishes Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it, Joan. Thought I saw it earlier - your gremlins are mine hahaha xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.