Sunday 17 February 2019

Hunkydory

A couple of weeks ago I was asked if I would like to do a review of some Hunkydory products, this was quite out of the blue as it's not my usual type of crafting. However I have thoroughly enjoyed using these products and have created quite a stash of cards for my charity box.  I did choose to use masculine products and chose Gentleman's Journey set and the matching inserts.  This is an extremely large pack of toppers, matching backing card , two different types of interactive cards,box envelopes for the three dimensional cards and even the brads for the spinner cards and all very high quality.

This is the globe spinner card which was really easy to make (and usually I struggle with this type of project)  It was harder to get a decent photo than to make it !

and this is the Rotator card

there are several of both of these type of cards in the pack.

I also made twelve  ordinary cards in one sitting, the only things I had to add were the base card and glue, I did add  coloured card mats to a couple of them but could have made them without.


I love the aviator one, already know who that one is going to





I haven't used even half of the kit and they are all for different sports/pastimes  so don't have to duplicate anything.  I also got the matching insert set but haven't got round to them yet. They are A4 size so big enough for any size card. 

I also received a complimentary copy of their magazine which contained three sheets of toppers and five A4 pieces of  background card, plus some stamps(butterflies, hearts and sentiments) and two dies.There are lots of ideas and projects in the 100 page magazine. One snippet I was happy to see is that Hunkydory are creating a glitter that is plastic free and it will be available sometime this year. After I found out that glitter is made of plastic I have felt guilty about using it. These as just a few of the cards I have made with the kit, more for my charity box.I thought the magazine certainly gave value for money.




We have had a family wedding and some significant birthdays over the last ten days so my blog has been sadly neglected but hopefully back to normal soon.






4 comments:

  1. It looks a wonderful selection of male themed cards Joan.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards Joan looks lime you made good use of the products.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great selection of 'male' cards Joan! What a nice surprise!! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.