Friday 1 February 2019

A poinsettia



Time for a new challenge at Sparkles Christmas and this month it's Angela's choice of a poinsettia.
For my card I have been using up various bits and pieces, the background paper is some copy paper crumpled up and sprayed with blue and gold , made it ages ago so can't remember what I used. The blue square is a stitched die, when I am making cards with lots of layers I "gut" the lower layers to keep the weight down and also saving card, have quite a stash of these squares in various colours from my Christmas card making last year.The snowflake circle was already cut out and in my die cut box and the poinsettia was left over from previous cards. It's only a 5x5 card, not often I make little cards but as I still have more of the supplies ready to hand I think I'll make some more while I'm in the mood!  Look forward to seeing your poinsettia cards on our challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card Joan, I love the background too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joan, great idea for the background. I must have a try at that technique as it looks so effective. Stunning card, enjoy making a few more. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.