Tuesday 16 May 2023

Keep it simple


 Another two weeks flown by and it's time for a new challenge at Try It On Tuesday. this time the theme is "Keep it simple" We welcome all kinds projects, cards. journal pages, atc's , mixed media etc as long as the project follows the challenge theme.  For my simple card I lightly stencilled the background with an alphabet stencil and stamped the typewriter and birthday message with black versafine, just added a strip of washi tape to finish it off. The stamp is a new one by Woodware and I really like it, reminds me of my working days back in the 50's and 60's rattling away on an old manual typewriter(not quite as old a model as this one!)  never felt the same when the electric ones and then the word processors came in !  The design team have lots of lovely samples over on the challenge blog so I hope you will pay thm a visit.

10 comments:

  1. LOVE this card Joan! That subtle background just makes your typewriter pop! Love it!! Have a super week! ((HUGS)) Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous vintage card Joan. I think for a simple card this looks very complex. Thanks for sharing the light stenciling idea. Happy week ahead. hug-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! Loving the simplicity of the stencilling and stamping - beautifully created 😊. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Joan, I remember those days well! The background works so well with your typewriter, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember my Mum using one of these typewriters, in later life her fingers where very misshaped. I always thought it was due to having to hit those keys day in, day out. Thsnk goodness for todays keyboards. A fantastic card and a great background that is just right for this card too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its a super image and I love the design of this fantastic card Joan.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is lovely Joan. Love the typewriter, and the gorgeous background and design.
    Have a great day,
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this typewriter Joan! Lovely card. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Joan, love the image which I think could be very versatile. Your design works so well with the stencilled background.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, i like the stamps🤩👏
    Happy day

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.