Tuesday 9 August 2011

Postage stamp tag

Haven't done a tag for Tag Tuesday for a while. I did make the decision to stop making so many tags even though they are of my favourite things to do as I never do anything with them,they sit gathering dust on the dresser and eventually end up stuffed in a box somewhere out of sight.   The challenge this week was to use a real postage stamp and for your tag to be about it, well our stamps these days are pretty boring but I knew straight away I would use Artistic Outpost stamps for my collage background.The tag was very quick to make but I did spend a lot of time going through a large box of used stamps that mainly came from my Dad, there are some very old stamps in there ,including an EdwardV111  (the one who abdicated) and lots of very pretty worldwide stamps but i don't like to use them (one may be worth as much as a Penny Black postage stamp - in my dreams LOL)

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous collage tag Joan, hang on to those stamps, you might get lucky one day. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So British....great colors and images to go with the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is delightful!

    I used to wonder what to do with the tags as well. Now I use a lot of them on cards I make and send them to folks. All I have to do is create a background on the card for them!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me want to sing Land of Hope and Glory, feel like I'm at the Proms. A fabulous tag Joan. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh this tag is very beautifull,is very british and wonderfull,i love this so much.


    Hugs Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful tag, love the stamps showing the queen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.