Monday 8 August 2011

Camera v scanner or both for the bin !


Anyone who visits my blog often will know I always scan my cards as its quicker and easier for me and I have a good quality scanner which usually gives pretty good colour match to the original card.Tonight as I had made a step card I thought I had better try and take a photo , huh its taken me forever to get a halfway decent pic and then load it onto the computer and crop it etc, anyhow finally managed to get it on here. This is for Sugar Creek Hollow challenge which is as usual Vintage/Shabby Chic or Primitive and this week asks for neutral colours only. I haven't made a step card for ages so enjoyed making this one as it was such a limited colour palette I tried to add quite a bit of texture to it as well.  The pretty lady is from Dezina world collage sheet which was one of the sets I got for winning  the random prize on Gingersnaps. The quality of the images are amazing so I feel very lucky to have got so many of them !

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your win Joan and love how you've used one of June's images. The step card is fabulous, such great texture and colour. The camera definitely gives a much sharper image. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a gorgeous card, love the image and the the way you framed it.
    Congratulations on your win. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to congrats to read that you are winner. It is really gorgeous card, like the image and the the way you framed it, superb arrangement.
    detektiv

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another stunner Joan, the camera certainly shows your card off to it's best. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card joan love it.

    Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning card. Love that you did a step card and the frame around the beautiful image is perfect. I really appreciate all of the wonderful texture.
    Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow!

    Patti SCH/DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is gorgeous! I love the texture and the overall design. Your photo is terrific too! Thanks for playing in the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Joan.

    Babs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.