Wednesday 17 August 2011

Fairies

While I had the box of old stamps out looking for the poppy stamp( earlier post) I saw this Stamps Happen stamp which I don't think I have ever actually made anything with. The problem with the Stamps Happen stamps was that the coloured picture on the wooden stamp block was so pretty they just sort of fell into your basket and then when you got home with them it was "well what do I do with this ?"  This was bought long before anyone was using DP on cards and its amazing what a difference
it has made to cards. Just recently I seem to have stopped using DP's much again and gone more into inky stuff and stamped backgrounds but I think I might try using some more of my old stamps with papers and see what happens. Saw that Make My Monday challenge is Fairies or Angels so am putting Fairy Sparrow on there. Doesn't show on here but she is decoupaged and glittered too.

6 comments:

  1. She is such a cute fairy, the glitter shows when enlarged. Lovely card. Thanks for your support at Make My Monday. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute - and perfect for our challenge at Make My Monday this week - thanks for joining in - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a beautiful card, the fairy is so cute. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joan
    I see you have been creating fabulous things whilst I have been away on holiday. I love this fairy piece and also your steampunk pieces, butterfly birthday card and vintage Christmas card
    I hope all is well with you.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Joan, such an adorable card, thank you for entering it into the Make My Monnday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really lovely card Joan and such a cute fairy. I'm with you on the DIY papers as I think it's much more satisfying and creative to make your own.
    Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Make My Monday and it's lovely to see you joining in again.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.