Friday 19 August 2011

Scraps

The top photo is a pile of "scraps" on my table, some abandoned projects, some extra bits of stamped images and die cuts etc, whenever I stamp something I have to stamp it several times in case I mess up with what I'm making and when I'm experimenting with backgrounds ,ink etc also have to do lots,the piles just get bigger so when I decided to make this tag I just picked up pieces from the stack,the only extras I've added are the beads hanging from the cage and the brad at the top, the green layer was already stamped and white embossed so just coloured it with D.Inks wild honey and peeled paint.The bird cage is painted with picket fence crackle and the bird is coloured with vintage photo and then fired brick distress stickles. I'm entering it into a few challenges including Grungy Monday
All Things T!m

Grungy Monday - distress stickles
Simon says stamp and show - show us some bling
Sunday Stampers - White
City Crafters - must use scraps
Creative craft challenge - anything but a card

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous tag ... love the beads ... thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a great tag Joan, its amazing how the scraps pile up. Love the bead trimmings as well. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smashing birdcage tag Joan. Have a great weekend, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh really love this its just gorgeous great colors and detail on this bless you for playing at creative craft challenge this week hugs cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is fun, and that scrap pile looks a lot like mine, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love using left overs and this looks spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now thats a pile of scraps.. Your tag is gorgeous.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a LOVELY tag! Thank you for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGOEUS tag... loving all the elements you have there... thanks for joining in with the Sunday stamper and sorry I am late... been busy all weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, I love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge. Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.