Saturday 2 May 2015

Flower Garden

I finally managed to get the flower garden stamps but having got my greedy little mitts on them I didn't quite know what to do with them!  I spent a very messy, happy time with stencils,embossing paste, stamps and die cuts, plus of course distress ink pads ( I so need the new colours !) I started off with a piece of water colour card which I mini brayered with acrylic paints, its almost covered up with other stuff though, used the embossing paste in random sections through the brick wall stencil,second generation stamped the flowers and spring wording. I think the die cut looks a bit like garden trellis too. Stamped ,coloured and cut out the flowers and added them with a little twine bow.
I'd like to enter it in the following challenges

Frilly and funkie - stencil mania   (brick wall and also stencilled through the die cut in lower corner

Fantasy Stamping - distress it

Vintage Journey - spring colour

14 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning Joan, an amazing background for those beautiful flowers.
    I need those too and am waiting for them to come back in stock - sigh!
    Also thanks so much for the tall flower info as I ordered the stamp at a bargain price and it turned up today.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Joan - if this is not knowing what to do with them - I wonder what you will do when you figure it out!!
    Love the background looks like a gorgeous spring garden.
    Hugs, Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful. Loving the zesty yellow colours.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  4. This ticks all the right boxes for me Joan, a lovey treation.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it always the case, we see something and just have to have it. Then it just sits there, staring at us and daring us to do something with it! Well done with the background, love the trellis.
    Oh and thanks for sharing at Fantasy Stampers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Joan, this set of stamps I have been resisting, after seeing this beauty , they are on my wish list.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Altogether fabulous Joan.
    Suzi B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card Joan - love that diecut that reminds you of trellis (whose is it - I think I need it please).
    Altogether a fantastic cafrd.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Joan! I love the subtlety of the stamping and stencilling on this background with those wonderful flowers. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Boy, I wish there was a way to give applause, this is an amazing piece of work, you must be thrilled with your achievement. Thanks for joining us at Fantasy Stampers. Caz.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely project - thanks for entering at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous project, Joan - I love the textured background, a perfect balance for your new stamps. Thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx
    http://jaybescraftybitz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joan this is simply stunning!!! I love the background, but what you did with those gorgeous flowers is just fantastic!! That little bit of twine is such a clever touch!! I adore this!
    Thanks so much also for adding it to our challenge at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.