Friday 8 May 2015

More flower garden

 
I just love these flowers from the flower garden set, I haven't actually used any of the other flowers yet as I'm enamoured with this one.  More playing with stencils and embossing paste,coloured the paste with bits scraped off an inktense block to try and get an old brick colour, when the paste was dry I spinkled on some brusho crystals and flooded it with water so the colour ran between the bricks, bit of text stamping. Stamp, coloured and fussy cut the flowers and added a twine bow.  I'm entering this at Anything But Cute challenge, I don't think its mixed media enough for their challenge really but I'm hoping to get more proficient at it.  Tomorrow I'm off to Port Sunlight Stamping Show and I have a list of supplies I need from Paperartsy,  plus I'm hoping to pick up some tips from them too!We have had torrential rain for hours and the trip tomorrow is two and a half hours by motorway, not looking forward to that part of the day, hope its better weather tomorrow
 
Anything but cute challenge - Vintage garden

10 comments:

  1. Firstly-those bricks look like real bricks and that is a hard technique to achieve! Secondly-this is mixed media enough and a bag of chips girlie! The Stenciling is wonderful, as is your flowers! The stamps just add perfect depth to the wonderful background! I do believe that this new mixed media avenue from you should be explored more because this is awesome sauce!

    Thanks for joining in our first challenge, "Vintage Garden", at Anything But Cute! Hugz! ~Niki DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic Joan!! Your brickwork is freaking amazing, what a genius idea to use Brushos to flood the bricks with colour, I am so using that idea!! This is plenty-a-mixed-media and a wonderful mixed media make it is!! I love your flowers, they are such a beautiful colour and look so amazing against the blues and greens in the background!!

    I really hope to see more of your wonderful work!! Thank you so much for joining us at Anything But Cute for our 'Vintage Garden' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL!!! And definitely mixed media :) Love that background!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Anything But Cute Vintage Garden Challenge!
    Hugs :)
    Samra DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Joan. its a fabulous mixed media card. I love those flowers, waiting for my set to drop through the letter box.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Joan. Love the flowers/against the bricks. Hope you got a good crafty haul at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! It looks so playfull and you must have fun making it; it shines! Enjoy the sunday, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous. The bricks look so realistic and I love how you have broken them up with your other colours. It is a perfect backdrop for your lovely cone flowers. Thanks for joining us at Anything But Cute.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just on a catch up Joan. Got these stamps a couple of weeks ago but just haven't had time to play. Love what you have done here. Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just on a catch up Joan. Got these stamps a couple of weeks ago but just haven't had time to play. Love what you have done here. Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just adore how bright and fabulously funkie this is!!
    Thanks for joining us at Anything But Cute xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.